martes, 28 de julio de 2009

Sherry Bellamy













Sherry Bellamy es una artista del vidrio que crea fabulosas cuentas para joyería.Se formo de manera autodidacta y luego fue tomando clases con grandes artistas del vidrio.
Realiza sus cuentas tratando de capturar el diseño en su interior.Actualmente da clases
por el mundo.

Sherry Bellamy:"I've been fascinated with glass since childhood, and I'm delighted to be able to work with this incredible medium. Primarily self-taught, I like to try to push the boundaries of beadmaking and glass sculpture, and I have developed several innovative techniques.

I spend a lot of time designing the interior architecture of my beads, sort of building them from the inside out; the concept of capturing the design within the bead is very appealing to me.

I've been privileged to have taken classes with several brilliant glass artists; most recently I've studied in Italy with Lucio Bubacco. Watching Lucio was no less than a revelation, he does things with glass that I thought were impossible.

Teaching students how to expand their knowledge of glass beadmaking is becoming a large component of my career, and one that I enjoy immensely!"

No hay comentarios: