jueves, 25 de junio de 2009

Kait Rhoads











Kait Rhoads es una artista norteamericana que se dedica al vidrio desde el año 1989.
A dictado clases en las mejores escuelas de vidrio de EEUU y tienen su obra lugares como Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburg, PA.,Corning Museum of Glass, Corning, NY.,Glasmuseum, Ebeltoft, Denmark.,Museum of Glass International Center for Contemporary Art, Tacoma, WA.,Toyama Institute of Glass Museum, Toyama, Japan.

Kait Rhoads
:"In my art-making I have always been attracted to color and pattern. When I discovered glass, I was drawn to its transparency and vibrant colors. Through time and exposure to other glass artist’s manner of working I came to see the vast potential of glass as a canvas for complex design. My color and pattern combinations are inspired by a reverence for nature. To render natural imagery such as feathers, seaweed, and cherry blossoms, I use the traditional Italian patterning techniques of cane and murrine. The fluid nature of the created line illustrates how obstacles can inhibit or enhance movement; this aspect of melting and fusing the colors infuses each piece with rhythmic movement and organic growth."

No hay comentarios: